ACTIAM Impact Investing
Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. ACTIAM Impact Investing is a department within ACTIAM which is entirely dedicated to these types of investments. We create value for our clients, for our investees and for society as a whole through the development, advancement and/or distribution of impact investment solutions. The solutions we offer deliver market-level returns on investment while making a tangible contribution to a better world. We achieve this mainly through the medium of funds and alternatively via mandates and advisory services.
Our clients are professional investors such as pension funds, foundations, insurance companies and development finance institutes. Our focus is on the leading European markets.
What we offer
What we have to offer can be summarised in these three points:
- We create value for investors and for society through theme funds in areas such as Microfinance and SME finance.
- We function as fund managers in close co-operation with independent investment managers.
- We create, analyse and report the impact of our investments.
Impact investing covers an entire spectrum of investments whose purpose is to create shared value. The following four aspects represent the core characteristics of impact investing and perfectly fit ACTIAM Impact Investment’s strategy:
- Intention: ACTIAM Impact Investment intentionally seeks to have a positive social and/or environmental impact while focusing on organisations with have little or no access to credit, such as small businesses, projects, non-governmental organisations and non-profit organisations.
- Return expectations: ACTIAM Impact Investment makes investments that are expected to generate a positive return on capital.
- Range of asset classes: ACTIAM Impact Investment invest across different asset classes, including but not limited to debt investment, venture capital, and private equity.
- Impact measurement: ACTIAM Impact Investment is committed to measure and report the social and environmental performance and progress of underlying investments.
ACTIAM Impact Investment’s approach to impact measurement includes
- Establishing and stating social and environmental objectives to relevant stakeholders.
- Setting performance metrics/targets related to these objectives using standardized metrics wherever possible.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of investees against these targets.
- Reporting on social and environmental performance to relevant stakeholders.
By its commitment to improve global financial inclusion, ACTIAM Impact Investment aims to actively contribute to the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).